The Records Administration Division of Human Resources is committed to maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of employee personnel records.
The primary function of the Records Administration Division is to provide support to University and UAB Hospital departmental representatives in the processing of personnel actions via the UAB Administrative System and the ACT form. The division also maintains all documentation related to personnel actions throughout an individual’s employment with the University and UAB Hospital.
The Records Administration Division of Human Resources is a service oriented team dedicated to:
- Ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of documentation to support personnel actions
- Reviewing and approving all Appointment, Change and Termination (ACT) documents on employees of the University and UAB Hospital for accuracy and completeness
- Examining and storing the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9
- Providing employment verifications
- Maintaining biweekly accrual records
- Communicating UAB policy to ensure appropriate and consistent application throughout the University and UAB Hospital
- Facilitating the Leave of Absence Process and the Sick Time Donation Process
The Records Administration Division is committed to providing excellent service in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner to our creative and dynamic community.
Viewing Your Personnel File
If you are an active UAB employee or retiree, you may review your personnel file by following the steps below:
- Call Records Administration at 205.934.4408 to schedule an appointment.
- Schedule the appointment during regular business hours and at least 24 hours prior to viewing.
- Bring your driver's license or your UAB badge with you. A picture ID is required in order to view the file.
Note: Should you wish to make copies, there will be a charge of 25¢ per sheet copied.
\Need a temporary ID?