Welcome to Employee Relations! We believe that prevention and fair resolution of problems are critical elements of a productive, harmonious work environment. To achieve this, we provide management and employees with counseling, advice, policy interpretation and collaborative solutions.
Our mission is to create and maintain the best workplace for UAB faculty and staff.
Our Primary Function
The primary function is to assist the management of each department of the University with problem prevention by fairly and effectively managing its staff according to UAB policy.
Much of the activity of this office involves:
- employee counseling,
- policy interpretation and advice to managers and employees,
- problem solving, and
- interaction with the various units about policy and legal requirements.
This office also coordinates the handling of all:
- non-faculty grievances,
- sexual harassment investigations,
- the EEOC and Department of Labor investigations,
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) complaints,
- Title VII discrimination complaints,
- unemployment compensation,
- exit interviews, and
- the service awards for non-Hospital employees.
In accomplishing the above responsibilities, the staff of this department work closely with all levels of management and all levels of employees at this institution. This department strives to recommend a fair and acceptable conclusion, within policy, to all issues.
This Staff is dedicated to the equitable treatment of all employees of this institution. You are encouraged to contact this office if you feel a problem exists that requires outside departmental intervention.
Other Relations Programs
The RAVE Program (Assistance for Disabled Employees)