SAVE THE DATE and Register Now for November 14-15th
UAB Wellness will be hosting the first “Innovations in Wellness” Conference on November 14-15, 2012 at the UAB Alumni House in Birmingham, AL. We are thrilled to be bringing the best of UAB’s dynamic speakers, experts, practitioners, researchers, physicians, and professors to share insights on the business of health and wellness.
The 2-day event will be broken down into 4 segments focusing on the following areas:
Registration is open now, please download and complete the Registration Form by clicking here.
Return with check payable to the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
UAB National Alumni Society House
|Agenda:||Wednesday 14th||8am – Registration and Continental Breakfast
9am – Welcome and first speakers
4pm – Conclude
8am – Continental Breakfast
Full Conference Agenda to be posted soon. A few of our confirmed speakers include:
· Dr. Donna Arnett – President of American Heart Association,
· Dr. Harold Jones –Dean of School of Health Professions and blogger who lost 70+ pounds and shared the story,
· Dr. Beth Kitchens – Osteoporosis expert, registered dietician who appears weekly on local TV for health, wellness and nutrition issues
· Dr. Helen Krontiras - UAB breast surgeon and co-director of the UAB Breast Health Center,
· Dr. Tim Townes – Innovative, award winning genetic researcher and scientist,
· Dr. Stephen Russell – UAB internist and professor of a medical students course “Art in Medicine”
· And more!
Space will be limited as we welcome business and medical professionals working in health, wellness, exercise, human resources, healthcare administration, education, and related fields. There are a few sponsorship opportunities available, so let us know if you are interested in sharing your company’s services and programs at this event as well.
Registration is open now, so download and complete the Registration Form by clicking here.
Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any language to the contrary, nothing contained herein constitutes, nor is intended to constitute, an offer, inducement, promise, or contract of any kind. The data contained herein are for informational purposes only and are not represented to be error free. Any links to non-UAB information are provided as a courtesy. They are not intended to constitute, nor do they constitute, an endorsement of the linked materials by the University of Alabama at Birmingham.